Summer Strength Camps
Mid-Columbia Medical Center offers free summer strength & conditioning camps for local youth athletes. These five-week camps are designed to enhance athletic performance, reduce the risk of common athletic injuries, and prep athletes for the upcoming sports season.
As always, the focus is on fun, camaraderie, and positive encouragement, while providing safe and professional coaching from a team of credentialed and experienced fitness and healthcare professionals.
- Open to all middle school and high school students
- No need to be participating in a current sport
- Must have signed waiver
A series of camp sessions devoted to proper technique, form and safety in:
- Running technique, speed development, agility and cutting
- Plyometrics, explosiveness, and jump training
- Basic and advanced weight-training
- Prevention of common sports injuries
- Basic nutrition and hydration education
Due to COVID-19, we were unable to host camp in 2020. Plans for 2021 have not yet been announced.
In an effort to be accessible to all athletes in the area, MCMC is pleased to be offering these camps free of charge to all participants.
Our coaching staff consists of credentialed health and fitness professionals with extensive experience in sports injury prevention, strength and conditioning, rehabilitation, and athletic coaching. With years of experience in the medical field, our team will provide cutting edge training methodologies with an emphasis on safety, fun, and preventing injuries.